Monday, May 2, 2016

Week Twelve: Women’s Comics

For this week I chose to read “This one summer” by Jillian Tamaki & Mariko Tamaki. Although the story was being told by a females perspective and her female friend I felt like I could still relate in some cases with them, such as interactions with her parents or other teens. I enjoyed the seriousness of some of the topics and could relate to situations I’ve been put in as a teenager/young adult. Although I had never been to the same place consistently every summer with my parents we did take trips and it reminded me of times in my youth, which I thought was well written by the authors, it made it easy to read and interesting to see some ones similar encounter with others/parents at that age from an outer perspective. I also enjoyed the stylization of the story again the lack of color and use of black and white was appealing to me, the simplicity used on the characters as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment