Monday, May 2, 2016

Week Eleven: Comics as Contemporary Literature

For this week I chose to read Eight ball like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron by Daniel Clowes from the moment I looked at the comic I enjoyed the art direction the use of ink line work and no color was an attraction for me. Also the clean lines and drawing stylization of the characters. Although I was kind of lost with the story I read I wasn’t too sure what was going on. It seemed as though the main character himself was lost as well and was dealing with his own troubles. Also the scene with the cops was a bit much and unexpected for my taste. The comic is definitely intended for a mature audience. The other stories as well seemed a bit dark for my taste and didn’t hold my interest, I can definitely say the patterns used and the black and white contrast of the images did hold my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment