Monday, May 2, 2016

Week Nine: Wide World Of Comics

For this week I chose to read Black sad – A Silent Hell. I was introduced to this comic by a friend a few years ago but never looked into it until now. I remember glimpsing through and enjoying the artwork as well as the characters. After reading it now I realized I enjoyed the use of animals put into real life situations versus them being human. And even though they are using animals as main characters it doesn’t have a childish feel to the comic on the contrary it has a very serious tone to it. I thought the contents of the comic were very real and dark; they illustrate problems such as racism, drug use, prostitution and temptation. Problems that we may not want to accept about ourselves or people we know/love, problems that are sometimes difficult to speak about. So putting characters we couldn’t relate to physically I thought was a clever idea, while still keeping it about the subject at hand and less about the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment