Monday, May 2, 2016

Week Fourteen: 21st Century Comics

For this last week I chose to read a few of the short web comics. I very much enjoyed the simplicity of them. They either had a joke or a pun or left you thinking of what could happen, leaving you to make your own conclusion. The first one I read was ache wood and I thought it was simple and funny by adding explanations to what each panel was really talking about. The next one I read was white ninja which I found each to have a funny ending starting off kind of serious I also thought the character soopah worked well. Then I ran into bluesy Face which had no text but it was clear to understand the connection between panels from the artwork alone. The last one I read was the meek and upon seeing the cover I knew it would be something I liked just because of the artwork. The compositions and color use were very entertaining and grabbed my attention. It reminded me of anime cartoons I would watch growing up, they were comical and adventurous.      

No comments:

Post a Comment