Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week Four: The Comic Book


For the fourth week I decided to read some of Ec comics Tales from the Crypt. Growing up in a household where my mother was a major fan of anything to do with horror/scary genres and me being born October 30th, sooner or later it would creep its way into my life. I remember growing up and watching Tales from the Crypt with the iconic Crypt-Keeper, and never knowing it was a comic book until now. I remember always enjoying the dark topics/stories of the show and while being scared still staying interested until the end. I very much enjoyed the fact that it was a series of different stories being told by a narrator which made me remember being told stories as a kid by a family member. In addition I enjoy how the crypt-keeper/ narrator comes in and out of the comic like a voice within the characters head, almost foretelling us of what is to come. The Maestros hand was one of the stories I read and I liked the twist at the end of the story, also how there was a sort of life lesson karma involved. I believe the drawing style used adds to the dark scary stories being told, the use of a lot of shadows and black helps to set the environment of a scary situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment